Sunday 5 January 2014

Breaking in the New Year 2014

Okay so the blog didn't kick off like planned last year; things just got a little too hectic and as time went by, the more I neglected the idea of putting out the blog, just due to the crazy amount of shit that I had going on throughout the year, but things have settled down now, though I did have a little addition to the family late last year and the little man has caused havoc ever since, but I've decided that one of my New Year's Revolutions would be to start up the blog and keep it up dated.

Just to bring all readers up to speed, the latest crack for us here at CursedFilm (being myself Ricky Everett & Robert Cooper) we have recently finished a final draft on a short Christmas film script titled 'Skag Clause: Homecoming' of which in the near future once we've ironed out some of the small creases remaining I will post a link up for you all to read and enjoy - probably the best way to describe the script would be to imagine Hobo with a Shotgun meets Bad Santa and you won't be too far away with the overall tone of the script.

And after only 2 paragraphs I can report that already Tobias, my 8 week old Son has interrupted this first post for the blog (discounting the false start last year), but I guess this is the challenge I'm in for and this time around I will make sure that I keep on top of the blog and hopefully in a couple of weeks time I'll be meeting up with the other half of the CursedFilm duo Mr. Cooper and encourage him to start regularly posting on the CursedFilm Blog. So a little bit about my vision for how the CursedFilm Blog is going to be run here; We will aim to write up and post reviews for various films on a semi-regular basis, whether they be big new releases, older films that we've revisited recently or even some older films that we've watched recently or that have been sat on our pile of shame for quite some time. But to kick off the year I think that I will be posting in the next week or so a rundown of my personal Top 10 Best & Worst films that 2013 had to offer, now these won't be any kind of full review of each of the film, rather just some thoughts and opinions as to why I felt that they were inducted into the Hall of Fame/Shame of 2013.

At the back end of August last year, I had planned to get the Blog up and running with a full review of Film4's Frightfest which I attended and managed to watch a full roster of 24 films over that weekend, given that life got too busy and now so much time has passed since then, I don't feel that it would be appropriate to be writing a full review of last year's FrightFest as anyone that had wanted to catch up with all the goings on at the festival have already read countless reviews and feedbacks and probably even caught up with a vast number of the films screened at Festival already, but I would like to and plan on writing a small piece about the FrightFest Festival as a whole, having been to quite a few over the recent years and maybe talk about some of the highlights and what I feel makes the festival such a great experience.

Now that I've got the format of the blog out of the way for all you readers out there (if there are any at this point in time) I'll finish with a round up of what's next for us here at CursedFilm;

In just over a weeks time I'll be flying off to SlamDance20 as part of the crew on a short Sci-Fi film titled 'After Arcadia' which has been officially selected for the Anarchy Shorts section of the Festival and the trailer for the film has also been entered into the Trailers competition that SlamDance are running this year. I was lucky enough to be Director of Photography on such a great little team and the end product really shows off all the dedication and hard work that went into producing the film; hopefully this will turn out to be a great experience and even though we here at CursedFilm have had some success with Awards and Festival screening at a Graduate level, After Arcadia poses the first real breakthrough onto the Festival circuit as Independent Filmmakers - the film itself is a short Science Fiction piece that tells the story of a Scientist that accidentally destroys the world and his efforts to erase his mistakes, it features plenty of time travelling and homage to the likes of past Twilight Zone episodes, I hope that the film really finds its audience out at the festival and hopefully acts as a springboard for the Writers and Directors (Joe Tippett & Robert Brice) to take the next step on there filmmaking path. Below I will put a link to the Facebook page for the film where updates are being posted and the crew can be followed throughout the Festival and onwards on Twitter @afterarcadia & Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AfterArcadia?fref=ts



Up next for us at CursedFilm - we are hoping in the next few weeks to begin working on a new script - this time looking to tackle the Werewolf genre; this mostly stems from my absolute love for the John Landis film An American Werewolf in London, for which I was subjected to at far too young an age, but ever since it has been one of my all time favourite films and personally we here at CursedFilm feel that Werewolves have been shortchanged when it comes to the big screen; we're looking at incorporating a crime/police angle to the script and with my love of the Italian giallo, I'm sure some of that genre might seep its way into the DNA of the script.

That's all for tonight; keep a look out in the next coming days and weeks as I post up my end of year Best and Worst films of 2013, until then I bid you farewell film fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment